Sunday, August 26, 2012

Shoe Stores, and how they hate big feet.

Lets talk about how frustrating it is to have big feet.  I wear size 11.  I've worn size 11 since the 5th grade, and no, I wasn't this tall back then.  Finding ANY size 11 shoe is difficult enough, much less finding a cute shoe.  Today I was reminded how difficult it actually is.
I went to Off Broadway today with no intention of actually buying any shoes.  I wanted out of the house, River was a little stir crazy, and I've been obsessing over shoes online. So I thought, why not?!  I went out with the mission of finding a pair of mid-calf black combat boots, and a pair of oxfords with a heel. Or without.  Whatever.  I chose Off Broadway because my past experience with them was always good.  They used to have a wide selection of size 11.  Not anymore, my friends!  I tried on a 10 in some boots, just to see how tight it was.  It was tight. Way tight.  I used to be able to fit into a very few pairs of 10, but since having a baby, that doesn't happen anymore.  I found one pair of shoes that fit.  These were a nice color gray with a cute black tie.  Believe it or not, they were a little big on me.  They also weren't what I was looking for at all, so back in the box they went.


 
After my unsucessful shoe excursion, I came home to do more internet searching.  Behold! These are the cutest pair of saddle shoes EVER! And I want them.  They would look so cute with tights and a dress.  Especially the Pretty Polly dashing bow tights. So freaking cute!  I guess I'm looking so diligently for these things because I'm in the process of looking for a full time job.  I applied for one last night, but more on that if it becomes promising.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment