Monday, July 9, 2012

WHY IS IT SO HOT?










What a busy week we've had!  My brother came into town at the end of June from Dallas.  This was his first time meeting River, and he is so smitten with her!  I've really enjoyed having him here. 

Last weekend, our AC was out, so we spend a lot of time being cranky and leaving the apartment whenever we could.
On the 3rd, my nephew, Easton, and best friend, Staci, both came into town.  We all stayed at my mom's house, and it was a bit hectic.  We didn't even do much, just having all those personalities in one house was crazy.  We had a low key cookout on the fourth.  I think fireworks would have scared the pants off of River, so we'll have to wait until next year to take her.

Maged left for Morocco on Thursday, the 5th.  Morocco, you say? YES!  Maged was lucky (and talented) enough to be cast in The Eiffel Tower Wedding Party, by Jean Cocteau, at the university.  They are competing in the International Theatre Festival in Casablanca, and they'll be there for two weeks.  We downloaded this app called Tango to use to video chat.  The wifi connection isn't too great, but it's still nice to see his face, and I love watching River and him smile at each other.  Heart melt. 

On Friday, my mom, Bob, Stephen, Easton, Staci, River and I all went to the outlets.  It was hot.  Really hot.  The weatherman lied to me and said it was going to be cloudy, windy and possible rainy.  It was none of those things.  I wore jeans instead of my pretty dress.  I was mad.  The End.

Saturday I had to work.  It was casting for the senior camp show, Bye Bye, Birdie.  It went well, but it was a long day.  I stayed in that night to work on my stage managing book....and catch up on some Supernatural.

Sunday was a day for more shopping.  River was not so happy to cooperate this time, but we got it done.  My brother took her into Spencer's to look for Batman things.  She say Broby from Yo Gabba Gabba, smiled SO big, pulled him off the shelf and snuggled him.  How could Steve say no to that?  Uncle Stephen bought Broby for her, and they have been inseparable ever since. Above, you can see Broby and River telling each other jokes in the backseat.

River has been at my mom's (without me) since Sunday, and I miss her terribly. I pick her up Wednesday morning, and it cannot come soon enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment